This time of the year my legs are dying due to dryness and lack of vitamin D – and all I want is to like Gisele in the picture above. Blogging about beauty for two years has led me through trying tons of lotions and potions, and I have compiled a small list of the best lotions to make you forget of dry skin and getting one step closer to those Gisele – legs (minus the rest of her craziness of course).
1.This Clarins body lotion is my absolute favourite (read review here). I buy it every year (no matter how many lotions I already have at home) – and it never lets me down – it sinks in fast, smells pleasant and most importantly – it makes my skin super soft, even when its beyond dry.
2. Nivea is a favourite of mine: a reliable budget friend I use when my skin needs some extra extra extra hydration – where I don‘t feel uncomfortable wrapping my skin in double layers before I go to bed. Read my full review of the Nivea body cream here.
3. In general I think that Dove makes pretty decent things – they smell nice, have a good quality and the price point is satisfying – I got my hands of this Dove body lotion by chance and was pleasantly surprised – it sinks in fast and makes my skin soooft. And the smell is not classic Dove so nobody will know that you are being on a budget.
4. Ok this list wouldn‘t be complete without some luxurious lotion – one of those that you kind of don‘t want to use because then you know it will make you run out of it – and you dread that – since you won‘t spent that money on it again. That lotion for me is this lily body lotion – smells of heaven and makes my bathroom feel like that of an old rich lady – but in a good way of course.
Hope you enjoy this list and feel free to share your favourites! /Mary
Happy new year lovelies, we have made a small list of what we loved and worshipped this year:
The facial oil of this year that brought our face out of the winter darkness..
This is where we got out grapefruit fix from in 2016…
The splurge of the year – which was well worth it..
This body oil made our bathroom feel like a warm coconut beach vacation all year long
The lavender oil that puts us to bed like babies was a favourite during this sleep deprived year.
This serum made our year a biiiiit prettier
The budget product of the year was … look here.
The hair brush which became our favourite hair thing in 2016..
…but this one also did wonders to our hair.
And WHAT WE DID NOT LIKE (wasted our money on):
The powder from hell…
The face mask which did nothing of what it promised (see the full list of face masks we won‘t repurchase here).
The ecological lemongrass disappointment of 2016 goes to this shea body butter
This rose lip balm made us (and our wallet) very very sad.
The scrubb which robbed us and made no difference to out skin!
The Kiehl‘s disappointment of the year was this one.
The foundation that made us look beyond unnatural and was just not worth a penny of our hard earned salary.
Thank you for a great 2016 and we are looking forward to guide you through the beauty jungle for another marvellous year!
Nice smell that makes you feel like you are heading to the beach, but still subtle enough for gloomy casual days in the city.
Those of you who have been following this blog for a while know that I‘m a big fan of Swedish Emma S (her cleansing oil is my favourite facial oil of all times). Hearing that Emma had released a new line I got curious – knowing that she made the best cleansing oil, I wanted to see what their body oil was like. I have an obsession for oils, that is no secret so I kind of consider myself being a expert. This body oil smells of vanilla, fig, coconut and (a tiny bit of) lemon. The fragrance is very subtle, but still lingers on my skin for a while. My skin doesn‘t get itchy after using this oil, something I have experienced in the past using other oil, and even though I‘ve been using this 125 ml bottle all summer I still have about 75% left. My skin also feels very hydrated after use. It dries in very fast which is a plus. Minus – the price.
Value for money:
Does what it promises:
Tried this product yourself? Rate it below (“Rate this”). If you have any comments, feel free to add them as well (“Leave a reply”).
Having a creepy and unhealthy (but ooh soo fabulous) and addictive relationship with oils I‘ve been going pretty wild these past years and tried to purchase everything for my body and face in oil form. Here is my top list:
- Best hair oil ever is this one – affordable and bottle last for a year at least, the only thing that helps when your hair is dying for a cut.
- My favourite body oil smells of lavender, great before bed for a calming effect both for my soul and my legs (whom are scared they will never see the day light due to their chicken skin look).
- Cleansing your face with oil became a dream with this cleansing oil, it smells of childhood and the bottle last for many months plus I love to support a good entrepreneur.
- Despite its fishy smell I love love love what this oil does for my face during the winter.
- The best budget oil out there – almost free and makes you soft like a baby.
- This French shower oil is a true treat.
I would like to say I haven‘t meet an oil I didn‘t like but that would be a big fat lie – don‘t try this oil at home beauties.