We think that beauty should be simple – one doesn‘t have to spend tons of money to look pretty and feel happy. We all know that the best advice to look and feel splendid are free – tons of sleep, a lot of water and keeping a happy mind. But of course we are no strangers to using a little help – and since we rather spend our money on lattes and pretty dresses we wanted to share our list of budget products that makes us feel like a million bucks for a lot less…
- Smooth skin is number one for me personally and though I like expensive lotions and potions I always keep coming back to my favourite budget oil – baby oil – makes your skin fantastically smooth and costs next to nothing (pssst apparently sweet almond oil from the baby department at the french pharmacies is a well kept secret of french beauty..).
- If you are one of those girls (or boys) who are into a polished look a good hair brush is a must – the HH Simonsen wet brush – saved my hair and I have been using it ever since. Being ridiculously cheap (around 15 dollars, the cost – per – use is pretty sweet) it is one of my best budget buys EVER.
- Since happiness is a must for beauty – in our opinion – at least if you want that glowing fantastic va-va-voom beauty. I get that from many things in life but one of the is a good relaxing shower (repeat after me: its the small things in life…) – and the Le Petit Marseilles Miel de Lavande shower cream – is my favourite shower gel. This one is hard to find outside of France, costs next to nothing (3 dollars), makes my skin super soft but best of all – smells fantastic of lavendar.
- For me a great hair oil is a staple and the Orofluido hair oil – has saved my dry hair. It costs around 20 dollars, but a 100 ml bottle lasted me for about 2,5 years so I still consider it a great investment.
- Finally even when on a budget an extra a bit unnecessary but oh so indulgent beauty product can make your bathroom feel a bit more extravagant – that one product for me has been my bottle of Avene face water – which has stayed with me for the past 2 years. Yes it feels a bit stupid to pay for water, but my bottle has lasted me for over 2 years and god does it feel great to splash ones face with some thermal water and march out to meet the day ahead.