We think that beauty should be simple – one doesn‘t have to spend tons of money to look pretty and feel happy. We all know that the best advice to look and feel splendid are free – tons of sleep, a lot of water and keeping a happy mind. But of course we are no strangers to using a little help – and since we rather spend our money on lattes and pretty dresses we wanted to share our list of budget products that makes us feel like a million bucks for a lot less…
- Smooth skin is number one for me personally and though I like expensive lotions and potions I always keep coming back to my favourite budget oil – baby oil – makes your skin fantastically smooth and costs next to nothing (pssst apparently sweet almond oil from the baby department at the french pharmacies is a well kept secret of french beauty..).
- If you are one of those girls (or boys) who are into a polished look a good hair brush is a must – the HH Simonsen wet brush – saved my hair and I have been using it ever since. Being ridiculously cheap (around 15 dollars, the cost – per – use is pretty sweet) it is one of my best budget buys EVER.
- Since happiness is a must for beauty – in our opinion – at least if you want that glowing fantastic va-va-voom beauty. I get that from many things in life but one of the is a good relaxing shower (repeat after me: its the small things in life…) – and the Le Petit Marseilles Miel de Lavande shower cream – is my favourite shower gel. This one is hard to find outside of France, costs next to nothing (3 dollars), makes my skin super soft but best of all – smells fantastic of lavendar.
- For me a great hair oil is a staple and the Orofluido hair oil – has saved my dry hair. It costs around 20 dollars, but a 100 ml bottle lasted me for about 2,5 years so I still consider it a great investment.
- Finally even when on a budget an extra a bit unnecessary but oh so indulgent beauty product can make your bathroom feel a bit more extravagant – that one product for me has been my bottle of Avene face water – which has stayed with me for the past 2 years. Yes it feels a bit stupid to pay for water, but my bottle has lasted me for over 2 years and god does it feel great to splash ones face with some thermal water and march out to meet the day ahead.
It‘s no secret hair products take up a lot of space on this blog. Therefore we decided to compose a list of our all time favourite hair products:
- Best hair mask –Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Reparative hair pak – I have been using this mask for the past two years and ALWAYS return to it – actually its the only thing from Kiehl‘s I‘ve stayed faithful to. The mask makes my hair instantly (after 10 minutes) soft, easy to de-tangle and just makes it look much better. This blog is more about what you shouldn‘t buy rather then what you should buy and this mask is probably the only time I‘ve urged my readers to try something so urgently. By try I mean getting a sample of it. Read full review here.
- Best hair oil – Orofluido hair oil – this oil is the oil of all oils, and those of you who have read a few reviews of hair products on this blog know that I always refer back to it. This oil makes my hair instantly soft and smells of heaven. And its a great budget buy – a bottle has lasted me for 2 years. Trust me I have tried a lot of oils and nothing comes close to it (yes we are talking about you Moroccan oil). See full review here.
- Best dry shampoo – d:fi dry shampoo – most beauty/fashion/french bloggers refer to Klorane dry shampoo as the best thing out there. We have reviewed it (read review here) and we really really really liked it. But seriously there must be other dry shampoos out there which are just as good and keep a good level of quality..answer: hell yeah. Sure d:fi dry shampoo doesn‘t ooze of french sophistication but its good quality, the color is neutral (not traces of white in my hair yey) and its cheap. Much better than Klorane if you look at it from a price point – which I know many of you are. Read the full review here.
- Best shampoo and conditioner – Bamboo smooth anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner – this shampoo and conditioner are my favourites because they give my hair that va va voom feeling and a bottle lasts for about 6 months (which might justify the steep price). Considering frizz one of my hairs biggest enemies these bottles have been saviours. Read full review here.
- Best quick fix – Bamboo Kendi oil dry oil mist – this oil is my go when I need a quick solution – some shine and nice texture. It doesn‘t replace a hair cut and won‘t fight dry ends but It‘s a big favourite – partly again cause a bottle lasts for years and the shine adds some well-needed confidence from sad hair days. Read full review here.
This is our list, please feel free to share your favourite hair products with us and we will do out best to feature them in the blog. Or do you disagree with some of our choices – let us know – we love all feed-back!
Having a creepy and unhealthy (but ooh soo fabulous) and addictive relationship with oils I‘ve been going pretty wild these past years and tried to purchase everything for my body and face in oil form. Here is my top list:
- Best hair oil ever is this one – affordable and bottle last for a year at least, the only thing that helps when your hair is dying for a cut.
- My favourite body oil smells of lavender, great before bed for a calming effect both for my soul and my legs (whom are scared they will never see the day light due to their chicken skin look).
- Cleansing your face with oil became a dream with this cleansing oil, it smells of childhood and the bottle last for many months plus I love to support a good entrepreneur.
- Despite its fishy smell I love love love what this oil does for my face during the winter.
- The best budget oil out there – almost free and makes you soft like a baby.
- This French shower oil is a true treat.
I would like to say I haven‘t meet an oil I didn‘t like but that would be a big fat lie – don‘t try this oil at home beauties.
Honeys, don‘t forget to sign up to our awesome hair oil give-away by commenting on this post, the competition ends tomorrow, the winner will be informed by email.